We’re now looking to add to the team. We can offer either full or part-time working, focused on our current assets and assisting with new opportunities.
Finance and Commercial Manager – Chiswick
Key responsibilities and role:
Working across our existing portfolio, to provide financial oversight and performance management of key external suppliers including the respective auditors, corporate accountants and tax advisors to each asset.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic investor and shareholder reports, including actual vs budget analysis, forecasting and cash-flow management.
- Provide NAV, covenant or other KPI analysis to shareholders on request.
- Lead on the preparation of annual budgets for the respective Holding Companies and where necessary, to assist our local property managers with property-level budgeting and forecasting.
- Manage the reporting, covenant testing and relationship management with the lending banks.
- Constantly challenge, improve and manage the processes relating to payment of corporate and structure costs
- Design, develop and manage a financial appraisal model that allows Portus to test the viability of asset management initiatives and potential acquisitions.
- Assist with initial due diligence, financial underwriting and preparing investor committee presentations for new opportunities.
- Take responsibility for key work-streams through the asset acquisition or disposal process including tax efficient corporate structuring (to be supported via external advisors per jurisdiction)
- Liaise with nominated third party consultants, such as Valuers and Property Managers, to ensure data flow and accuracy.
- Ideally an economics/finance/investment/real estate background
- At least 3 years post qualification experience, in either a finance or real estate environment
- Strong academic background and appropriate accounting qualification
- Experience with Yardi as a property management and reporting tool
- Good understanding of financial modelling and valuation methodology (advanced excel, Microsoft Office required)
- Ability to demonstrate some asset management or transactional experience
- Team player, but wanting to work in a small, focused environment
- Based in the UK (London Chiswick) but able to travel in Europe as required
- A desire to work in a growing, Client-side business • Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Languages desirable (French/German)